Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday

Tomorrow is the big day. My new floors will go down. I am so excited - so tired of the house being in a turmoil. Everything is so disorganized now, and I will admit that I am enough of a control freak (no!) that it is driving me crazy. Today, I cleaned all my kitchen cabinets. I didn't clean them OUT, I just cleaned every cabinet door, the facings, inside and out. Whew. I didn't want yucky dirty cabinets with my beautiful new floor.


My floor guy is supposed to be here at 8 in the morning. I will be at work, but my bf will be here to give me regular progress reports. Tomorrow is my 'early leave day,' so I'll get off work at 2 in the afternoon. I don't want to get here early and just stand and watch the guys work. I want to walk in to my lovely new floors. I bought a new rug for my bathroom today to get in the mood. I forgot that I'll need a Swiffer duster for myself, and a rug to put at the door so no one will track dirt in on my floors. I've made Jessica and Ashley Swiffer duster washable, reusable covers. Now I've started on one for me! Today is one month since the water line burst.

To mark the celebration - here is another cause for celebration this summer. Jessica's new house! Her first meal in her new house! And friends and family joining in.









No comments: