Sunday, August 9, 2009

Halloween Costumes

Ashley and Jessica have given me and Ramona quite a bit of grief over our lack of Halloween costume pizzazz when they were growing up. Ramona and I agree 100% that if you can't make a Halloween costume out of a black graduation gown or a trash bag or a cardboard box - well, you're just not creative at all!

Our kids did their trick-or-treating without store-bought costumes. One year I did spring for dollar store pom-poms and both my girls went as cheerleaders. (I added construction paper letters to complete the ensemble.) Jessica was a robot one year (cardboard box covered in aluminum foil with multi-color stickers) -- little Anna was a bunny that year (construction paper ears taped to a pink hooded sweatshirt, with a cotton ball on her butt). Ramona's threesome were various monsters and vampires, but my favorite was construction worker Josh with his five o'clock shadow (gotta love makeup!).

I've said all this, because I know that all five of our children would've LOVED to have had this handmade knitted costume.


NOT!