Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ha! Two days in a row!

Here I am again. Two days in a row. Not a new world's record, but impressive nonetheless.

Today, my fella and I drove to Greensboro to see the new movie, "Moon." It's out in limited release, and the closest location in Virginia is Charlottesville - over two hours away. It is an excellent movie, and I am baffled by the ridiculously slow release process Sony is using.

The movie stars Sam Rockwell who is one of my favorite stars. His characters are usually clever and smart-assed, just a few steps off the beaten path. They're interesting and come across like normal guys. Okay - maybe normal guys with several screws very loose, but mostly normal guys. The premise of the movie is that earth's energy problems have been solved by mining helium on the moon. The moon station is automated except for one guy - one lonely guy serving a three-year contract. His only companion is a HAL-like computer, "Gertie," voiced by Kevin Spacey. After the set-up, we enter the screw-loose phase. I was completely captured. I loved it and have two big-ass Thumbs Up! It's easily my favorite movie of the year, and I will go to the movies here to see it - IF it ever gets here, that is. Go see it. Go now -- I'll wait.

No comments: