Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jesus H. Christ

Anonymous commenter says: "But you've missed the point: You're never whole and at peace when you crave another for comfort. Be whole and entire first, then give a complete you. You are all that matters first. And if anyone should walk away from you thereafter, your head won't need a shoulder for support."

I am SO fucking sick and tired of hearing "love yourself first, and you'll find love" ... "be whole yourself and you won't need anyone else" ... Jesus H Christ... this kind of crap makes me want to scream!
Perhaps YOU miss the point, Pollyanna. Human beings are social animals. I am perfectly happy with the woman I am. I am smart and funny and relatively sexy for 51 and I know oodles of stuff about oodles of topics and I'm well-read and I enjoy pro football and I like puzzles. I feel no need to change who or what I am to suit another individual. I feel I AM whole and entire. Dumb bitch/bastard lecturing ME about being complete. You sappy/happy horsehit spewing dimwit.

It is the HUMAN wanting to share my life with someone else I crave. Wanting someone else to understand me and still like me. Wanting someone else to give a shit if I exist. Wanting a consistent sex partner. Wanting a hug at the end of the day, a kiss before I go to sleep at night, moron. Wanting to listen to someone else's stories of how his day went. I am happy with who I am. I am seriously fucked up and flawed - but I think everyone is.

No more fucking moralizing to me, Anonymous. Unless you are perfectly happy with EVERY fucking aspect of your existence - in which case you're wildly famous for having all the happy-sappy solutions to humanity's problems. Did you get laid today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why so intimidated? To have all the answers, it seems you would have more peace in your life. Take a chill pill and consider what someone else might be trying to get you to see. It's not moralizing, just advice. And maybe you should go to Jesus, but I forget: you already have the answers. Silly me, continue playing your violin.

Maggie27377 said...

Hey anonymous, why are YOU so intimidated that you remain ANONYMOUS? I think if you have advice for anyone, at least be man or woman enough about it to identify yourself. Continue playing her violin? I think she is entitled to play her violin as long as she wants, until SHE is ready to be done with it. It takes time to get over betrayal by someone you loved. As with death of a loved one, it has to be grieved in the manner in which the person feels is right for him or her AND for as long as is right for him/her. I think YOU have missed the point, as I agree with Jenn, we are social animals and we NEED human contact, interaction, and especially TOUCH. There are studies on top of studies about the healing powers of human TOUCH. I'm very much a WHOLE person and I love myself, I think I am a terrific person, I have oodles of friends, I'm very active, I wake up happy, I'm loving, caring, kind, generous... I love my life, I love what I do, I love my hobbies, I love my friends, I love interacting and spending time with them, I love spending time with my young nieces, BUT I also like spending time alone with me... because I LIKE me, BUTTTTTT and read my LIPS... I crave human touch, I crave intimacy with another human being and that does NOT mean that I am NOT whole or at peace. I am truly blessed, whole, at peace with my soul, but I have the desire to share that intimacy and wholeness and peace with someone else. Now, care to identify yourself you spineless twit.