Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ellen Wins

Okay, Ellen. You win. He chose you over me. You win the prize. Best of everything to the two of you.
Now butt out. This is my place and you're not welcome.

But you know what? This little "exchange" has been like that blow-up-argument I didn't have with him. It's like I woke up this morning knowing that I'm over him. My head knew I was over him the day we broke up - but my heart didn't know until now. You know how you feel that day you're first coming back to life after having a really disgusting stomach virus? That first day you're able to move around? That's how I feel today - like I'm getting over some nasty bug.

Who knew that's what it would take?!

1 comment:

Cynthia I Maddox said...

I'm a bit behind in the reading and I was sorry to hear about your breakup.

My grandmother used to say that there is someone for everyone. It must be true cause my sons keep finding them! And that toad tale is true, I think.At least, they seem to prove that one too.

Seriously, don't give up. I have no doubt there is someone out there who is wanting the same things you want. My guess is you'll run into him when you aren't paying attention.

Incidentally, I don't think Ellen got any prizes. But she probably did get what she deserved.