Friday, December 12, 2008

12-12

In honor of Ramona's birthday, I'm taking the day off work. Okay - not really. But it is her birthday, and I am taking a day off. I have a whole list of things to do today - none of them any fun at all! I am not a shopper, but today's my day to gather presents with fingers crossed they'll bring happiness to the receivers.
Someone left a comment on the last entry that I shouldn't let thoughts of how the last relationship ended bother my "place of solace." Solace? That's what I found when I could lay my head on his shoulder and put my responsibilities and guilt and burdens down for a while - before I had to pick them back up and "stand up straight and tall, hold my head up" and go back to "real" life. I have no solace now. I have brief flashes of comfort perhaps - Jessica's infectious laugh, Elisha's hugs... but there is no solace. I am not a solitary person. I have learned how to enjoy some alone time - but I crave a partner.

"Solitude vivifies; isolation kills." -- Joseph Roux

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But you've missed the point: You're never whole and at peace when you crave another for comfort. Be whole and entire first, then give a complete you. You are all that matters first. And if anyone should walk away from you thereafter, your head won't need a shoulder for support.