Saturday, July 28, 2012

Taking stock

So we've had our babies almost a week now. I wanted to write down our victories & trials so far - so I can look back in a year & say "remember when." Last Sunday: Bella wouldn't come at all. Lucky continually did the circling behavior of crated dogs. Neither were happy about being picked up, but they would suffer it. They seemed happy with their new home & investigated their yard & house. Lucky constantly groomed his feet. There's been pee and poop every day in the house somewhere. Today Bella went pee & poop in the yard & got cheese treats. Lucky peed outside but then started pooping on the rug inside. When I said NO! He stopped but wasn't able to finish once we got outside. Bella was VERY skittish and afraid for me to pick her up to get in the bed. I'd either have to chase her (like chasing a chicken) which was stressful all around - then I started sitting on the floor with my hands out waiting for her to let me pick her up. It took about 15 minutes the first time - tonight she immediately hunkered down for me to get her. MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH! Neither did or will play with balls or toys. They do like rawhide chews. When we go outside, Bella promptly lays down in the shade. Lucky circles his way around. Lots of room for improvement. But I think we've improved some. Fingers crossed for more.

No comments: