Friday, July 27, 2012

Ready for the Ravellenic Games

The Ravelry online community celebrates the Olympics with our own version of the games.  We USED to call it the RAVELYMPICS - but the US Olympic committee got their panties in a twist over copyright issues and told us to cease and desist with that.  So we did.  Today the Ravellenic Games begin!  Crafters around the world have been choosing yarn and patterns and projects to complete during the Olympic Games.  The mass cast-on/chain begins at 7pm London time today. 

I have an afghan planned - twelve 9" squares joined together and given to charity when done - so it will be competing in the afghan event.  I also have a hat pattern to knit (my first knit hat) for the hat event.  A crocheted stash bag for the bag event.  Also, there's a WIPs Wrestling event - I've got a scarf nearly finished (that I started in April 2011) for that. 

The Games begin today and end August 12th.  Sure! No Problem!  I need some days off work!

No comments: