Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Babette Love

For xmas last year, I gave Jes & James & E a lovely Babette in Greens.  I loved it.  I love the way the different colors and sizes of squares makes your eye move over the blanket, appreciating its beauty. 
Here is a large size baby-blanket for Jes' friends expecting a baby in September.  It might be TOO big, so that I take part of it off to make a separate blanket.  I'm not sure, but for now, I am just in love with how pretty and bright this is.  Babette is definitely my favorite crochet pattern ever.  I can easily see myself making another one in different colors.  Babette Love!

During the Olympic Games in London, crafters on Ravelry will be making as many projects as we can in different categories, competing for glory and imaginary prizes in the Ravellenic Games 2012.  I have four projects in my Queue - a blanket of twelve 9" squares, a knit hat, finishing a crocheted scarf (that I started in April 2011), and a stash basket made from yarn I dyed myself with Koolaid.  The games start July 27th and go through August 12th.  Surely I can get all that done!

No comments: