Sunday, September 25, 2011

So long, CGOA

Sadly, this was the last day of the Crochet Guild of America Fall Conference in Greensboro. I can honestly and enthusiastically say that I enjoyed every minute of my time there! The people, the yarn, the shopping, the lovely handwork all around, the opportunities to learn and make my work better & easier - and everyone was happy to be there!

Today was my morning class with knit & crochet rock star, Lily Chin. She was adorable in a crochet mini dress! The class was "Crochet Tips & Techniques" and that is exactly what her three hours were jam packed with.

My class yesterday was a technique, then two hours to practice that one thing in a few different ways. Today, Lily was a non-stop fountain of ways to make our crafty lives easier & faster & better. There were ideas for starting & ending & everything in between. Fantastic!

Naturally I had to return to the market floor after class to snag several recommended items. This kind of shopping is my idea of fun.

So I sadly end my weekend of geek love. I enjoyed it all, and my brain is brimming with new ideas (much like my yarn basket is brimming with new stash). Now I have two days of vacation from work to play with yarn, practice new techniques, and celebrate the grand holiday that is my birthday! What a great weekend!!

No comments: