Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Still Loving September

For those of you who've been reading over the past five years, you will know I've survived some very dark days. On most of those days (and through the long long dark nights), the only thing tethering me to life was my refusal to add "Mother" to Jessica's list of losses. I couldn't think of anything else to make life worth continuing.

I am absolutely 100% glad that I was alive Saturday to be a part of JBB2.

The wedding was a wonderful, sweet, perfectly lovely event. Everyone was celebrating the love evident between Jessica and James and Elisha. The three of them together just seem so natural that they just have to go together. I got to play with the girls at manicures and pedicures and fancy hair and airbrush makeup. Mimosas and O'Kellys at the hair salon. Laughing together.

The ceremony and their vows were especially sweet. I managed not to "ugly cry," but to keep my sniffles to a minimum. I know there will be ups and downs for the newlyweds in the future; however, my deepest desire is that they will be able to remember their joy, their commitment, their passion and true devotion of that day. There were many witnesses to their special day and all of us saw the love they each have for the other. Congratulations and my wish for a lifetime of love for the new Buckner family.

No comments: