Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dreaming about Snakes...

I had a particularly vivid dream last night that I actually remembered for a change. In it, I was outdoors with a group of people I used to work with (MFM folks) and we were being friendly and talking - walking along a golf course type grassy field with gently rolling hills - nothing alarming about that. But here's the part that made me wake myself up: As we were walking along, I looked down and saw that snakes were rising up from the grass as if alerted to my progress - they just slithered up. As I took each step, two or three snakes would appear on my left (always), then turn toward me. I realized I had a tennis or badminton (yes, I checked the spelling) racquet in my hand, so I started swatting them gently away from me. Not swatting so much, as encouraging them to go the other way. I then realized I was alone, and larger and larger numbers of snakes were appearing at each step - to whole writhing knots of snakes - and there was no more gentle encouraging - it was using the racquet to actively PUSH the bunches of snakes away. I was so freaked out that I woke myself up gasping - and VERY thankful to find myself safe and secure in my bed without any snakes.


So naturally, I went online to see what I could find about snakes in dreams. Hmmm... so what do you think?



To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. Alternatively, the snake may be seen as phallic and thus symbolize temptation, dangerous and forbidden sexuality. If you are afraid of the snake, then it signifies your fears of sex, intimacy or commitment. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent healing, transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.




No comments: