Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jessica's started something...

Jessica invited a bunch of folks to her house for a breakfast dinner party last week - she invited more than she had plates and silverware and chairs for! She had pancakes and eggs and bacon and sausage and hash brown casserole and biscuits and mimosas... a veritable breakfast buffet! I had such a good time - showing up to eat is always a good thing! And we laughed! Jessica, Lesa, Melanie and I had a wonderful time talking and laughing. Mel and Jes were explaining how horrible Lesa & I were when they were teens ... so Lesa & I demonstrated some of the more eye rolling, superior lip curling moves we had to endure as mothers of teenage girls. Oh we laughed!!!

I decided to "play it forward" this week. I invited the Sheltons, Ramona, Jes and assorted friends and family to spaghetti, salad and garlic bread. A bonus was that I cleaned up my house (a little) to get ready for company. I even turned the heat up to above 55 degrees! It was a sauna! Since I'm now dating a very nice man, he braved the family-friends scrutiny and met everybody. He survived the inquisition pretty well, considering he brought cheesecake! And there was plenty of laughing and talking - a little shouting to be sure the funny stories were told correctly too. Big Brother and Real World have nothing on this bunch of looney tunes gathered in one place - we're a Marx Brothers meets Laurel and Hardy meets The Golden Girls all rolled into one... Such fun. I even took a picture to PROVE that I actually had cooked, so it's not my turn again next time...
In non-food related news, I got a lateral job change at work today. Totally out of the blue for me - which took my stress levels out of the roof - trying to decide what's best for me - stay safe and boring and show that I'm not willing to get out of my secure little cubicle ---> OR leap into a new position just created that they asked ME to take. So I leapt - fingers crossed - pocket protector and taped up eyeglasses ready to tackle a new nerd assignment.

1 comment:

Maggie27377 said...

Ahhh, so the new guy came over. F A B U L O U S! Sounds like a real BLAST! Glad you're having fun again. Hopefully a door closed and a window opened??? (big cheesy grin).