Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 begins...

I've really had nothing to say lately. I truly enjoyed my time off work over new years. What did I do? Read Neil Gaiman's American Gods - a wonderfully fascinating and compelling book about what happened to all the gods various immigrants brought with them to America over the past five thousand or so years. I really like this book - to the point that I'm sad it's over and I can't read it for the first time again. I'm definitely a Gaiman fan now. This was one of the eight (EIGHT!) books I got for christmas - thanks to Jessica and my sister's Amazon gift card and Amazon's 4-for-3 deal. I have a whole stack of fresh, unread books with that new-book-smell beside my bed. Now that I've finished one, I'll have to decide which is next. And for me, that's like deciding which of a box of delicious chocolates to have next. Picture me rubbing my hands together greedily while drooling.

Besides reading, there have been naps to take and movies to watch. You'll notice I've added two spots to the left of the blog itself with '2009 books' and '2009 movies' - that's where I plan to keep up with my life-escaping-coping for the coming year.

And it's playoff weekend --- so far, out of four games, I picked two wrong, one right, with the other to be played. Don't think ESPN will be calling me for my mad skills anytime soon.

I also went out and checked on my parents' house ... and got a new pair of sneakers for myself. I enjoyed the one day of glorious sunshine and 50+ weather since I've been off. ... And tomorrow it's back to the grind. Again. Yuck. At least there's a Monday holiday coming up (MLK day) - so there's that to look forward to. Maybe it will be spring soon...

No comments: