Saturday, August 13, 2011

Lovely Day


My first ever non-mentored or observed Weight Watchers meeting as a Leader was Thursday night. I talked too much. I kept the time right - no GSS - but I talked too much. I lectured. Today I did the meeting again and it was GREAT! It was a conversation between friends! I was spot on with the meeting time and the GSS time. Very happy with it. So comfortable with it. YAY!

So after WW, I picked up my favorite dynamic duo, Jes & E, and we headed out to my Mom and Dad's house. From there - we headed to Lynchburg for MOE'S and ACMoore. MY TWO FAVORITE PLACES! (besides Disneyworld - much less expensive and closer than Disney) I had the tofu salad - YUM, then I bought YARN! YIPPEE! It doesn't take much to thrill the hell out of me & today was it. It was great talking and laughing with Jes and my mom and dad - and E was a total comedian! My heart was happy and content.

Now I'm home and have played with the yarn - where to put the new stuff, move around the old stuff, etc. I finished three blocks on the project that will probably be for me. It's a granny square sampler afghan. I'm doing it in pinks and purples with aqua thrown in for fun - and for me, of course, it's a GRAMMY Square Sampler! I'm learning a new technique - well, new-to-me anyway - of joining the squares as they're made. It seemed kinda fiddly to start with, but I think I'm gonna like it.


No comments: