Monday, October 19, 2009

New room!

No picture yet, but yesterday was the first day I've spent in my "den/living room" in months and months. First, I rarely turn on the heat for the whole house & just use a space heater in my room - so it's COLD in the den usually which discourages prolonged visits. Second, my TV died in that room. It was a bigger screen than my little TV in my room, and the room is too big to see a little screen across the way. Then, in August, there was the Flood and everything got moved OUT of the den - carpet and old brick were torn up - new wood floor went down.

That was September. Now, my folks are heading to Florida for the winter, and I've been awarded custody of their TV (they plan on getting a new one in the spring). I'm not sure how big the screen is - like 32" or something like that? Yesterday, the bf & I went and got the TV and brought it to its new home. We hooked it up and spent the day watching football. And I can actually see the FOOTBALL! The bf brought down the boxes of books and knick knacks I had on my shelves before the Flood. Now I just have to put stuff on the book shelves he made me, and I have to get a new lamp. Then I will be SET! Amazing.

As we sat watching the games yesterday, it was like I was visiting somebody else's house. I've never had the furniture arranged like this. Haven't spent much time there since the new floor was put down - other than passing through to the kitchen. It's like I have an entirely new room. I like it very much, but it's absolutely NOTHING like the room was when we initially moved in 10 years ago. Dark depressing panelling has been painted lemon, carpet & brick are gone, new floor down, new furniture (that the bf made for me - 2 tables, 2 bookcases). It's a very weird feeling. I don't know how long it will take for the space to feel like home, but I'm intending on enjoying it. You're welcome to come see - the bf says you'll probably want to bring your Snuggly blanket with arms. (Hey - I didn't say I was gonna turn on the heat!)

No comments: