Monday, May 18, 2009

ZooDay


Saturday, my fella & I took Elisha to the NC Zoo at Asheboro. It was a nice, overcast day - good zoo weather. Their website says "no food or drinks allowed into the zoo." That's not true. We SHOULD have taken water and snacks in - AND we should have taken the stroller for Elisha. Jessica said, "He did fine in Disney" so we wouldn't need the stroller. Well - at Disney, there's lots of stuff to stop and do - you don't just walk and walk and walk - see a zebra - walk and walk and walk - there's a lion - walk and walk and walk. Poor Elisha probably feels like I drug him through the zoo! But we had fun seeing all the "relatives" (my parents always said "There's some of YOUR family!" at the baboons, elephants, etc.).

























We figured out how Elisha got "hatched"!!

















And everyone loves a nice cool shower!






Most of the animals had my idea of a great Saturday --- NAP!!!

















All in all, we had a good day. It was fun spending the day with each other. But I don't need to go to the zoo anytime soon again. Next time: SNACK & STROLLER! (for me!














No comments: