Monday, November 24, 2008

Bleak house



Is it just me? Does the change in seasons from mild, golden sunny days to gray, cold days make anyone feel good? Combine that I found out the fellow I'd dated for nine months was seeing someone else - so the relationship ended ... with cold, gray weather... with the coming of yet another holiday season alone, on my own... with the anniversary of the loss of Anna in December .... with the surrounding world in chaos economically...


AUGH!


It just feels too overwhelming and too dark and depressing for words! Where is the light at the end of the tunnel? President-elect Obama faces a huge pile of crap leftover from the Bushies - it may prove insurmountable. NPR's daily "Money" podcast is filled with gloom and doom - nothing positive on any horizon.


On the + side ... Ramona has invited me to join her family for Thanksgiving so I don't have to spend it alone. Jes & Elisha will be there too... The Oakland Raiders finally won a game... I get FOUR days off in a row... it's only four months til spring...


No comments: