Monday, December 30, 2013

Endings

Well, I'm done working for the year.  Hooray.  Always take New Year's Eve off - the anniversary of the day the world stopped.  Tomorrow it will be eight long years since Anna left us.  Still hurts.

I'm happy with all my 2013 crafting.  I've been quite prolific, with little here to show for it.  Much was given as gifts or to charity.  That makes me feel satisfied.  I've tried to explain how I feel about it.  I would rather give away something I've made, hoping the recipient will be glad to get it - rather than giving it to someone tired of handmade gifts, or selling it. Putting a reasonable price on things makes me feel greedy.  Can't make me happy.  I  am glad to give my things away to make someone else happy.  That makes me most happy & satisfied of all!

What's coming up for 2014?  More crochet. A bit more knitting.  Some weaving too on my new Martha Stewart knit & loom kit!  More giving.  More Ravelry challenges!  I have at least three afghans planned, with one in progress.  Maybe socks - knit and crochet.

Time with Jes & Elisha.  Time with Lucky & Bella.  Time with Chuck - Mom & Dad when they fly North again.  Wish I could spend more time with Sherry & Beth.  More time spent at work - yuck!!  What a waste of my time.  Time.  More time and less time,  Why does it take so long to realize mistakes, but so long to live with my constant companions, Guilt and Regret...

At any rate, I've found a good use of my time with my crochet, my movies & books.  And naps.  Don't forget the naps.  

No comments: