Friday, September 25, 2009

Beachbummin`

Hello from Myrtle Beach! Geez, it's been about 12 years since I was down here & it has changed. We're in South Myrtle - below where the pavilion used to be (it's gone!). We're on the 16th floor of our hotel (Compass Cove) - the place boasts something like "26 water features!" -- there are 2 lazy rivers (which Chuck calls "Geezer River" because I like to get in and just float around with all the other 'seniors') plus there's a big kiddie pool, two outdoor pools, an indoor pool and the rest of the "water features" are hot tubs. But it is a nice place.

Played in the ocean today. Every time I'm floating over waves, I remember playing with Sherry down here when we were kids - fishes swimming between us on the float. I think one of my happiest childhood memories is of the long afternoon we had down here when it was barely raining, and Sherry & I and a bunch of other kids made dams and lakes for the tiny fish. That was such a perfect day. Water was calm this morning, then got choppier this afternoon - was fun playing. I did the "geezer river" after I figured I'd gotten enough sun for the day. Not burned tonight anyway.

We did the jumbo seafood buffet last night (burp!)... just a burger tonight. Tomorrow being Saturday, we're having spaghetti in the room - figured all the restaurants will be packed. I think we'll go to Olive Garden Sunday for my birthday... unless something else changes my mind, which is a distinct possibility.

I love vacation. I hate working. It truly sucks to work 50 weeks a years just to have two measly weeks free. But I'll take what I can get right now.

No comments: