Thursday, June 25, 2009

Source material

I've been asked where I get my eclectic reading list. I'd have to say Amazon.

Amazon has a nifty "Wish List" feature that lets you add things you see in Amazonland to your wish list - whether books, movies, clothes, food, etc. My Wish List link is below. Feel free to shop for me there. (LOL) Amazon also has a handy feature that lets you see where other shoppers went after looking at an item. It says something like, "People who viewed this item, also liked ....." I love to follow those links and see where I end up. Amazon has discounts on books that you can find 'buy3 -get one free" that's fun to surf.

I also get weekly emails from Amazon, Borders, and Barnes & Noble that list "new and notable" or other suggestions. And I love to browse in bookstores. Actual brick & mortar stores with rows and shelves of books - the smell of new books!!!!!!

Here's a cool website: http://www.fantasticfiction.com/
This site has an exhaustive list of authors and their books - in chronological order, AND in order by character in series. I love to read series fiction, but I hate to miss one and get out of order! Horrors!!! Another neat thing at this site is that lots of authors have THEIR recommendations. I love Stephen King, so on his page at fantasticfiction, he lists some of the authors and books that HE likes. And I'm off on another quest to find interesting reading material.

For me, Amazon gift certificates are the perfect gift. The highlight of last Christmas was the day AFTER Christmas which I spent hours trying to combine my gift certificates with bargain promotions and sales to get the most from my Wish List. That was so much fun. Almost, but not quite, as much fun as opening the box when my order arrived!

http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/DWWIATKD8JF

And P.S. I did go back to page one in the "Yiddish Policemen's Union" - I'm just not ready to leave the world of the Sitka Jews.

No comments: