Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Springing along

I love the way the world goes from gray to green in spring. The weather goes from hot to cold on a daily basis, but trees are starting to get leaves, flowers are coming up, and the winter is on its way out. At last. And in a week I'll be visiting my old pal, Mickey Mouse! It's been a while, but I'm sure he'll remember me.

I've been reading like mad - my latest favorite author is Neil Gaiman. I've read and loved three of his books so far. Also read "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls - the memoir of a family as different as any American family could be from my own. An amazing story. I've been going through "The Wire" from Netflix - I'm about to watch the final DVD of Season Four. One more season to go & I'm dreading the end. I have been listing and grading the books and movies for 2009 in the sidebar to my blog - if you're wondering.



My honey continues to be outstanding in many many ways. It's been three months now, and I'm enjoying myself so very much with him. I admit to holding back a part of my heart - after the fiasco last year, I don't want to let myself get hurt like that again. But he doesn't put on airs, or try to be something he's not, or try to impress me with unimportant accomplishments - and my radar hasn't told me he's lying to me. He's a nice guy with a kind heart and we seem to be so compatible. Fingers crossed on this! I will miss him fiercely while I'm off carrying on with Mickey Mouse, but it warms my heart to know he'll be here waiting for me to come back. He puts up with me, and he has me out bicycling and hiking, and he tells me I'm beautiful. We go visit my friends and he fits right in. We went to the Carolina Craftsman show in Greensboro last weekend and had a great time together. He makes me happy every single day.

No comments: