Friday, November 18, 2011

Counting down single days

I get married in less than a week. Yippee! I am excited. Although Chuck & I have been together nearly three years, "Married" is different from "Dating" or "Living Together." Married carries responsibilities - and a new name for me.

It will definitely take some getting used to being a "Clifton." Who? Me? I've been a Bryant longer than I was a Dowdy (my maiden name). For me, it has no attachments to my first husband - other than it's the name of my children. So I'm switching to "Clifton." Chuck has a hilarious time with all kinds of special privileges "because I'm a Clifton!" He says that his dad used to make up rules like "We can pass this slowpoke, because we're Cliftons!" I'm looking forward to all those imaginary perks with my initiation into the Clifton clan next Tuesday. Don't be surprised if you see my little white Honda whizzing along passing everyone (as usual) - my official excuse next week will be "Because I'm a Clifton!"

No comments: