Friday, December 25, 2009

christmas cheer!

I will have to say this is definitely the best christmas I've had since we lost Miss Anna. I have laughed ... I have spent good, quality, FUN time with my most precious Jes - and with Elisha - and with my sister - and with the always lively Shelton crew - and with my sweetheart. I heard - and listened to with all my heart - Elisha tell me he loves me and know that he means it (makes what's left of my heart warm right up!). I was given the BESTEST xmas present by Jes & her JB (I GOT THE WII & WII FIT!!!) ... I have gift cards to shop with, and I got an overly generous gift from my parents... My sweetie actually looked at the list I gave him, and he did great! Since I've been out of work, I've gotten lots of well wishing cards and emails and facebook messages.

THANK YOU. Thank you all.

I've tried to explain how I've felt by describing a little rowboat tied up at a dock on a lake. (I'm the rowboat in this story.) It's not the greatest or biggest or newest rowboat, but it is reliable, and dependable, and it does what it's supposed to do. In my sadness and depression, I have perceived the rowboat coming untied at the dock and drifting out into the lake - out where it can easily be capsized by waves, out where no one knows it or cares for it.

Well, tonight I feel cared for. It's not just the presents (although they're really really GREAT!). I feel cared for - I even feel as if I have my very own boathouse to keep me safe and comfortable. Thank you, Jessica and Elisha and JB. Thank you Mom & Dad. Thank you Chuck (especially for being such a good caretaker in my convalescence). Thank you Sis. Thank you Sheltons for including me - for making me laugh - for knowing my pain and sharing yours - and STILL making me laugh.

I love you all. Merry christmas.

No comments: