Sunday, March 15, 2009

Schizophrenic March

Go figure with March... Snow one week --- followed by a weekend in the lovely 70s --- followed by a weekend of solid, non-stop rain. It's enough to make you wear a swimsuit under your sweatsuit and winter coat and hat and gloves!

Remember how one day I came home from work and found a wonderful coffee table made just for me & delivered by "TableMan" (because "Table Fairy" wasn't manly enough) ?? WELL! Apparently TableMan has a sidekick - or an alter ego - or he's as split-personality as March is, because I came home to a newly mulched front yard one day this week. And all because I mentioned that when it warms up, I need to mulch my yard. Then it magically appeared, all raked out and covering just where it needed to be. TableMan - MulchMan. Geez - I'm loving it!
My folks are back from Florida (just in time for the snow) - and I spent last Saturday visiting out there, doing a fashion show with my sister of my mom's best yardsale & consignment shop finds. Naturally the thing that intrigued me most was a crocheted potholder / scrubber / something that's doubled up - therefore stronger than a single layer. Unable to figure it out in my head while I was out there, I went straight to the Internet at home for directions. It's really simple to make. So I've made two. Here's the link to the directions:



Other than that - I'm seriously loving my job. Don't tell anybody there or they'll decide to reassign me to something different. I find my mind is totally absorbed in problem solving - working out puzzles all day long. This is a good thing for me, because people who're doing our regular work find that it is like a streambed drying up - they run out of work by 9 in the morning, and it's "make work" and "look busy" for them. I am truly fortunate to have been given this assignment. But, like I said - don't tell anybody!

1 comment:

Maggie27377 said...

Table-Man/Mulch-man ... is he like a superhero or something? I get such a smile on my face when I read your blog. Tell him to be careful though, or he might just restore my faith in men. Ha ha ha. Peace out.....